Occupational Health & Safety/WSIB
· Are Health & Safety or WSIB demands distracting you from your core business?
· Do you know exactly what you need to do to get accidents and claims under control?
· Everyone has limited resources. Do you know which health and safety activities
would deliver the most value for your organization?
Sheila Church personally manages every project. You get the benefit of a proven professional without the obligations of an employment relationship. You define and control the costs - we deliver the savings. Our mission is to partner with you to ensure your program gets results and is cost effective.
Health & Safety Services
- Customized Health & Safety Programs- we know which elements are “must haves” and how to develop each one to get
the most accident prevention value.
- Hazard and Risk Assessments -comprehensive, objective assessments of all aspects of work, taking into account ergonomic, physical, chemical and other hazards, with recommendations to reduce overall risk.
Health and Safety Program Audits
- Audit of your existing program to provide you with a detailed gap analysis and report including next steps toward Workwell, OHSAS 18000 and other standards.
- Independent Auditing to assess compliance with your existing Health & Safety Program Standards.
- Workwell Audits- pre-audit to identify weaknesses, support to ensure compliance..
- Customized Health & Safety Orientation Programs
- Joint Health & Safety Committee Development
- Effective Accident Investigations
- Understanding NEER and top cost containment strategies
WSIB/NEER Cost Recovery
Most companies are paying too much in WSIB costs as they simply don’t have the internal expertise to manage claims effectively or existing staff are overburdened. PeopleRight handles the necessary volume to maintain expertise in this ever changing area. We offer very cost effective solutions; from managing all aspects of your claims/Return to Work tasks, to being at the end of the phone with expert advice, to conducting a historical review to recover costs. We have the experience of implementing best practices in many organizations and where necessary, can access the best, most cost effective resources such as Independent Medical Assessments, Certified Alternate Dispute Resolution specialists, Ergonomists, etc.
- Claims Investigation
- Claims Management from initial reporting to return to full duties
- Representation to the WSIB
- Projection of claims/NEER costs at the Organization or Claim level, presentation of options within the WSI Act and associated cost benefit analyses
Ministry of Labour/Due Diligence
When the worst happens and charges are laid against your company, corporate and legal minds turn to a defence of due diligence, meaning you did all the rights things to prevent the accident or violation of the statutes. Think for a moment about a serious violation or accident that could happen at your workplace. Maybe a sales rep is killed while driving to a customer site. Now think about every possible thing you could have done to prevent that accident: defensive driver training, safe driving procedures, regular training on the procedures, testing to ensure drivers know the provisions of your procedures, winter tires, preventative maintenance for vehicles, taking swift and decisive action when rules are violated, etc. Are you doing everything reasonable to control the risks in your workplace? Do you have the records to prove it? All your prevention efforts lose value if you don’t have good documentation.
Take our short quiz and see how you measure up. It will get you thinking about what you could do to bolster your OHS Program. PeopleRight can help you identify and prioritize next steps in your OHS program that move you closer to a solid due diligence defence.